There comes a time in every man’s life when he succombs to social pressure and becomes a faceless product of corporate marketing. I call it a blog. Why, you ask, have I started a blog after years of resistance?
1) To get a book deal. Self-promotion is the name of the game.
2) To be hip. I’m a young Christian leader without any tattoos. I’ve gotta compensate with something else.
3) To pound my ideas into your head. I only have so many clever ideas and as a pastor, I actually have a regular public forum in which to share them. I also get paid to talk to people. Somehow, the sound of my own voice (or my keyboard keys) never gets old.
4) Boredom. I already watched every episode of The Office and Arrested Development and I refuse to watch Lost.
5) To be more like Todd Hiestand. http://www.toddhiestand.com.
I’ll let that last one speak for itself.
Any questions, O blogosphere?